About Me

And just beyond her hopeful eyes, there is a secret she well hides. She cannot tell you. though she’s tried, she just keeps hiding , hiding behind… her everyday, the things you say, and just to keep on breathing, the jokes and laughs, and paragraphs of words that have no meaning. And outside she pretends so well, but inside she is screaming. She puts on the act, and as a matter of fact, She’s almost got herself believing…

Friday, December 10, 2010

Here It Goes

My name is Pyper ReynoldsI'm halfway through my senior year of college and I don't know what I'm doing with my life.  I mean... I'm going to school for Elementary Education, and I have every confidence that I'll have a job next year because I'm good at what I do.  I'm really good.  But like I said, I have no idea what I'm REALLY doing with my life, you know, besides the school and the job and the everything you have to doI go out on the weekends, I hang out with my friends, I meet guys... but do I have a someone? Someone who's always there?  Someone to come home to?  No. And I live with my parents because I moved back home for student teaching, which really doesn't help the situation. 

My life is completely composed of brief encounters with people I meet.. at bars.. at school.. at gas stations.  

"They" always say things like... "Life is a solo trip, but you'll have lots of visitors.  Some of them are long-term, most aren't." (Don't ask me who 'they' are... I've been trying my whole life to figure it out and I still don't know. But whoever they are, they really seem to have it together.)  I love this quote though... it's one I like to remember when I'm feeling ... not so connected in the world.  But it's a hard motto to live by, I mean, everyone wants to be loved. Everyone wants long-term visitors.  And when the people we meet turn out to be those brief encounters instead of those long-term visitors, it kind of tears us apart.  I wonder if even the person who said this (and I don't know who it is) was able to accept and live by their statement. 

Well now that I've probably bummed you out a little bit, I'll explain exactly what this blog is for.  I don't have a mission like on Julie & Julia, I'm not going to cook a dish a day for a year or ... write a poem or song lyrics everyday either.  My only mission is to document, in whatever ways I see fit, some of the brief encounters I have in my life.  Sometimes I'll post pictures -- maybe they'll be beautiful, maybe they'll be hilarious, but either way they'll be something.  Some days I'll post my favorite quotes depending on how I feel that day or who I happened to run into an hour before.  Still sometimes, I'll post works of my own, because I do like to dabble in the putting together of words to make something... moving, beautiful, horrifying, hysterical.  And I promise you that some days I won't post anything at all -- maybe because I'll be too busy living my crazy-fun life, or maybe I'll be too upset to really do much of anything that day.  I can't promise that you'll love this blog. Really. You might even hate it, you might hate me already. That's okay.  My posts won't always be sad,and they won't always be happy, they won't always be worth your time.  But. They will all be parts of my story, and my many brief encounters... 

Post to ya soon!!
-- Pyper

1 comment:

  1. I can promise you that life is an adventure, and I will enjoy living your adventure via this blog. Just so you know ... I am a long termer and will always be here for you. I can't wait to see how this goes!!!

    ReplyDelete